CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
http://www.emailcashpro.com



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dongzhi(冬至) Festival ~~ Today



  Today is Dongzhi(冬至) festival for Chinese.

  The Dōngzhì Festival or Winter Solstice Festival (Chinese: 冬至; pinyin: Dōngzhì; literally "the Extreme of Winter") is one of the most important festivals celebrated by the Chinese and other East Asians during the Dongzhi solar term (winter solstice) on or around December 22 when sunshine is weakest and daylight shortest. It will occur on December 22 (East Asia time) in 2010.

  One of the activity on Dongzhi is make and eat Tangyuan(湯圓). Tāngyuán is a Chinese food made from glutinous rice flour. Glutinous rice flour is mixed with a small amount of water to form balls and is then cooked and served in boiling water. Tangyuan can be either small or large, and filled or unfilled.

  The festive food is also a reminder that we are now a year older and should behave better in the coming year. Even today, many Chinese around the world, especially the elderly, still insist that one is "a year older" right after the Dongzhi celebration instead of waiting for the Chinese New Year.

  It's fun when making the Tangyuan cause you can make it round using you palm. I like to "play" with it :) while helping out my mom. But I very seldom do that anymore after I come to KL (Cause lazy to go back hometown :P).

  Last year I went back just before the celebration but also didn't get to celebrate as I need to go back to KL before the celebration day. However, my mom did cook Tangyuan just for me :D (& my bf). And my mom pack for me the ingredients for me to bring back to KL to cook (as my bf want). I did cook Tangyuan last year but it was such a havoc as I need to prepare and cook by myself [with my bf playing games in the room :(]. That's I decided not to do that again this year. Hahaha...

  Since I don't want to go thru the process again, me and my bf planned to buy Tangyuan from pasar malam to eat [we used to buy Tangyuan from pasar malam to eat for fun]. But don't know the plan will success or not as today got pasar malam at Taman Connaught but not sure whether got sell Tangyuan or not. And furthermore, my bf is on noon shift today so don't know whether he is free tonight or not.

  Yesterday while I'm playing online game, around 11.30pm, suddenly my bf called just to ask whether I sleep already or not and asked me not to sleep first. So I continued with my game while waiting for him. When he got back home, he still don't want to let me know why he asked me not to sleep first. Then suddenly he put a box in front of me... Ohhhh... It's a box of Tangyuan with tou fu fah[what we normally buy].

  Well... He scared that he is unable to make it today so when he saw that someone is selling it, so he bought it. Hahaha... So I don't need to keep asking him what time he will be free to go to pasar malam. Ohh... How sweet is that~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...